View State problem when multiple user work on the same page

Yong Kurt

Hi, there,

When I use View State to save sort expression between page post so that
paging after sorting can work fine. I get following problem:

When multiple user work on the same page and they are sorting the data
with different field, because there is only one copy for the data (sort
expression)I saved in View State, so the value will be overrided and the
sorting and paging will be messed up. Please help.

Thanks.

Yong Kurt

Thanks for your quickly response. That is good idea. In fact I tried
this solution before, but it is still not a perfect one because:
1) When the same user open multiple IE and login with the same user id
but work on different page, use Session to save sort expression may
cause problem because value in Session is shared by different pages.
2) What I really don't understand is, when .NET provide View State to
save data between page post,they should think about this situation,
otherwise, the usage of View State is very limited.

Please feel free to let me know your opinion on this issue. Thanks.

murali.trichy

yes you are correct, but Still most of the site use Session kind of
variable for their data mgnt. Eg. Yahoo mail.