Page_Load event fires twice in asp.net (C#) ?

Jon

Hi,

I've set up a new web form (new.aspx) that inherits a BasePage class.
The new web form contains an override Page_Load event. In BasePage,
Page_Load is declared 'virtual'. In the new web form, base.Page_Load
is called from within its Page_Load method so that both Page_Load
methods are executed.

AutoEventWireup is set to False, yet the page load and all following
code on the new web form is called twice. What am I doing wrong here?

Regards
Jon