Pair of O'Reilly Authors looking for challenging work opportunities

Gregory Brown

[the following message is from Gregory Brown (of "Ruby Best
Practices") and Brad Ediger (of "Advanced Rails")]

Hi folks,

Although we don't usually like to self-promote our commercial work,
we'd like to meet some new folks that have interesting business needs
that we can help out with.

The two of us have been working together for about two years now, and
we've really gained a ton of experience along the way. We're
currently working on projects for a wide number of industries,
including a video game company, a large-scale food distributor and an
enterprise dental clinic. We're also involved in some Rails rescue
work for product based companies, among other things.

We tend to focus on working with smart clients who have challenging,
large scale projects so that we can practice our architecture and
design skills rather than just coding away at a well defined spec.
Brad has been doing this sort of work commercially for a number of
years, and Greg has been the lead developer on large scale open source
projects such as Prawn and Ruport, so between the two of us, we have a
whole lot of problem solving experience.

We're not "Rock Star" coders, because we care more about solving
interesting problems for great clients than we do about maintaining a
public persona. But we are deeply invested in contributing to the
Ruby community, and a quick trip to github will show our track record:

http://github.com/sandal (Gregory)
http://github.com/bradediger (Brad)
http://github.com/madriska (combined efforts)

We've also talked at Ruby groups, conferences, and ran a well-received
training at LSRC 2009.

We're almost certainly preaching to the choir by marketing ourselves
directly to the Ruby community, as we know that if you're reading
this, there's a good chance that you've taught us a thing or two
somewhere along the way. But we stand by the idea that if you've got
contracting work available for us, or know someone who does, you won't
be disappointed with the work we do.

So please reply off-list if you're interested in sending some work our
way, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

- greg and brad.