Parent property handling

Casper Hornstrup

I have developed a compound control. When inserted on an ASP.NET page
and given some child controls, the chain of parent controls of the child
control
stops at my web control.

Is the web control supposed to handle the parent property of a child
control?
If so, where should should the parent property be set?
My web control inherits from System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.

Casper Hornstrup

MSFT

Hi Casper,

Thank you for using the community. I am Luke and I am review this issue
currently. As I understand, you r question is if we need set the
childcontrol's parent property somewhere. In fact, we don't need to perform
this, the parent will be set after we call in a
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl:

Me.Controls.Add(SomeControl)

If this the way you add the child control in your WebUsercontrol?

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)