Pass new ID through asp.net controls

Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am using, Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition, ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.

This is what I'm trying to do:

On DetailsView1 Insert:
- return DetailsView1 pageIndex to the newly inserted ID (or equvilant)
- return to DetailsView1 in EditMode
- pass the ID of the newly inserted record to DetailsView2
- pass the ID of the newly inserted record to Label1.Text

My Insert Method (InsertCompanyReturnOrderID) business object returns the new ID.

in Visual Web Developer I'm using:
- c# language
- Label (Label1)
- 2 DetailsView controls (DetailsView1, DetailsView2)
- TableAdapter: (DetailsView1)
- ds_Orders_3TableAdapters.Orders_TableTableAdapter
- GetData()
- InsertCompanyReturnOrderID(Int32 company)

- TableAdapter: (DetailsView2)
- ds_Orders_3TableAdapters.tblCustomers1TableAdapter
- GetData()
- Insert()