Passing a Collection object to a COM+ Server application.

Naveed Anwar Kharadi

From: "Naveed Anwar Kharadi" <[email protected]>
Subject: Passing a Collection object to a COM+ Server application.
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:43 PM

Hi,

I am trying to develop a COM+ Server Application, using C#.Net, that accepts
a ListDictionary object in one of its method arguments; but when the client
makes a call to this method there raises an error saying "Insufficient state
to deserialize the object. More information is needed.". This scenario works
fine when the application is a Library package; but since me client is ASP
therefore I need to make it a Server Application.
Can anybody please provide me with some suggestions of tackling this
situation. Its urgent.

Regards,
Naveed Kharadi.

Eric Marvets

I would explore some other options that what you are doing. Technically,
can it be done...its possible. It would require exposing the .NET objects
as COM objects so they can be used by ASP.

I recommend you try and pass the data as XML.

--
Eric Marvets
Principal Consultant

the bang project

<shameless self promotion>

Email (e-mail address removed) for Information on Our Architecture and
Mentoring Services

</shameless self promotion>