Path error

rcoco

Hi everybody,
I'm having a problem with my website. This website works well but when
I deploy it on the server and try to use it on another computer I get
this error: "The network path was not found".
what could be the problem?
Thanks.

Eliyahu Goldin

Perhaps the site refers to some resource located on the path that exists on
the development machine but not on the server.

rcoco

Hi,
Could this code be the problem?
string
DomainUser=System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name.Replace("\
\","/");
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry ADEntry = new
System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("WinNT://"+DomainUser);
myCommand.Parameters["@Name"].Value=
st6.Text=(ADEntry.Properties["FullName"].Value.ToString());
Thanks

dot

Hi,

i had the same problem with some free ASP Net Servers (and on VS
Development ASP Net Server on One Station).

So this is how we tried to fix the problems with VS Development Server:

- Check File Permission
- Increase Permissions on Network/Local (...) File System in IE
- Error occurs only when DBVS (e. g. BDE) tries to access data

After two days we reinstalled the workstation and all works fine :)

Now the second problem, free ASP Net Server, same error, same checks.
Neither of it works, thus we kept looking (we need some free ASP Server
thus Windows 2003 was not possible).

Finally we installed Abyss Webserver and with it all works fine. No
error "The network path was not found".

Maybe this will help you. (However you should check out
Server.MapPath(..), as your code doesn't as far).

Mfg,

_MC_