path problems

Martijn Steinrucken

Hello guys and girls,

I started scripting in photoshop with javascript a little while ago. I
am currently making a script that automatically saves a copy of a psd
as a resized TGA file in a user specified location. To get the file
path and name I use a file browser box.

saveFile = File.openDialog("Select a file", "Bitmaps: *.tga");

Now, to make it easier for the user, I want the selected path to be
saved with the psd file, so the next time the user wants to save that
file, he doesn't have to fill in the path again. To do this, I would
like to save

saveFile.absoluteURI (this contains the path as a string)

This works fine for short paths without spaces (eg. c:\test\test.tga).
But when the user selects a path that does contain spaces (eg.
c:\program files\test.tga), the string in saveFile.absoluteURI reads
"/c/program%20files/test.tga" and when the path gets a little longer
(eg. c:\documents and settings\my name\my documents\test.tga)
saveFile.absoluteURI reads "~my%20documents\test.tga" instead of the
whole path.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?