Pausing for Python Interpreter error messages...

redefined.horizons

I've written a few classes that I have been testing in IDLE. However,
every time I make a change to the classes based on the testing I have
to walk through all he steps of preparing the classes for testing
again.

So I wrote a script that does all the set-up work for me. The only
problem is when I run this script using the Python interpreter I can't
get the command prompt to stay up long enough for me to read the
message.

How do I get the command prompt to stay up? Is there a way to run my
script and view the error message in IDLE?

Thanks for the help.

Scott Huey

P.S. - I'm using Windows XP with the latest Python 2.3.

Bruno Desthuilliers

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
I've written a few classes that I have been testing in IDLE. However,
every time I make a change to the classes based on the testing I have
to walk through all he steps of preparing the classes for testing
again.

So I wrote a script that does all the set-up work for me.

You may want to have a look at the unittest module then:
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-unittest.html
The only
problem is when I run this script using the Python interpreter I can't
get the command prompt to stay up long enough for me to read the
message.

How do I get the command prompt to stay up?

first open the "command prompt", then launch your script from the
command prompt.
Is there a way to run my
script and view the error message in IDLE?

menu run->run module, or just hit the F5 key.
Thanks for the help.

Scott Huey

P.S. - I'm using Windows XP with the latest Python 2.3.

Python 2.3 is years old. Latest is 2.5.

redefined.horizons

Thanks Bruno.

I'll get the 2.5 python install, and I'm checking out the unit testing
module that you mentioned.

Scott Huey