pbx phone system

aljaber

hi all
i saw it once, it was a panasonic pbx (hybrid system) with serial
interface
when you attach it to windows machine and run hyper terminal, the
dialed and
recived numbers was shown in the hyper terminal program window
formatted
in one row for each call .
the question is . what is the function i have to use, so i can read the
dialed and
recived numbers from the serial port, like the one in the hyper
terminal program
but this time under linux.

thanks in advanced

mlimber

aljaber said:
hi all
i saw it once, it was a panasonic pbx (hybrid system) with serial
interface
when you attach it to windows machine and run hyper terminal, the
dialed and
recived numbers was shown in the hyper terminal program window
formatted
in one row for each call .
the question is . what is the function i have to use, so i can read the
dialed and
recived numbers from the serial port, like the one in the hyper
terminal program
but this time under linux.

thanks in advanced

This is off-topic here. See the FAQ for what is on-topic and some
suggestions for better places to ask your question:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M

aljaber

sorry! but i think, you do not get it.

asking about function that mointors serial port is on topic.

thanks

Karl Heinz Buchegger

aljaber said:
sorry! but i think, you do not get it.

asking about function that mointors serial port is on topic.

If you say so ....

For us it is off topic.

mlimber

aljaber said:
sorry! but i think, you do not get it.

asking about function that mointors serial port is on topic.

thanks

Apparently you could not be bothered to read the FAQ that I referred
you to. I'll quote the relevant portion here regarding what is on-topic
in this group:

"[Y]our question must be answerable by looking into the C++ language
definition as determined by the ISO/ANSI C++ Standard document, and by
planned extensions and adjustments."

Obviously, your question does not qualify since the Standard knows
nothing of serial ports. If you have a question about the language
itself (not the algorithm or application), please feel free to ask.

Cheers! --M

aljaber

AFAIK, i was asking about c++ function is on topic

and i swaer linux is UNIX system

thanks in advanced

Alvin

aljaber said:
AFAIK, i was asking about c++ function is on topic

and i swaer linux is UNIX system

thanks in advanced

For Linux system calls and programming, try posting in
comp.os.linux.development.apps

Karl Heinz Buchegger

aljaber said:
AFAIK, i was asking about c++ function is on topic

If it is a *standard* function, then yes.
But since *standard* C++ knows nothing about a serial port,
a parallel port, a modem, a keyboard, a monitor or any other
hardware specific functionality, there are clearly and obviously
no *standard* functions for accessing them.

Therefore your question is off-topic.
and i swaer linux is UNIX system

Nobody doubt that. But it is irrelevant in this group.
Only *standard* C++ is on topuic

Well, somtimes people make an exception. If the question
is closely related to *standard* things and there is an
interesting question about *standard* C++ embedded in the
device specific question.
But accessing the serial port does not qualify for that, as
it is all about how to cooperate with the operating system
and the hardware to achieve the goal.