    page the first time for the browser instance.

    Thanks,

    Oldman

    Guest, Nov 15, 2004

    David Kyle Guest

    Hello Oldman,

    I personally have experienced delays somewhat like the ones that you are
    talking about. However I've noticed the behaviours of them being different.
    First off I notice that it takes a long time to load the first time you
    access the web application if the application has not been started yet. If
    you have continuous access to your website you will never experience that
    load time again.

    The other 3-4 second load time that you are talking about, I haven't really
    experienced. the only time it's not less than a second for me is if I'm
    doing some serious database lookups intensive looping or possibly sometimes
    when I make small changes to my aspx code (that doesn't require a
    recompile).

    I expect a faster computer might solve that 3-4 second delay. I run a P4
    1.6Ghz and my pages run wonderfully.

    David Kyle
    www.chloemag.com

    David Kyle, Nov 15, 2004

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    good one!
    I have met this problm to and I'm with you, how could one solve that?

    but I'm afraid it's not a feature they are very interested in
    (by they I mean them..... :D, in Redmond)

    Lloyd Dupont, Nov 15, 2004

    bruce barker Guest

    for IE to host a .net control it needs to load the .net runtime, this is the
    delay you are seeing - no getting around it. after the vm load - it will
    need to create an appdoamin, and load your dll - (it may require a jit if
    not cached - if its very complex, this can take awhile - maybe 20 seconds.)

    when longhorn gets here, you can expect better performance in this area.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 15, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for your replies.

    Dave,

    The machine you stated is the exact specs of the machine I'm running.
    However, that machine is the one housing both the web server and the browser
    I'm using.
    That doesn't seem to be an issue however since if I go to another
    developer's machine who is housing the same web application, I experience the
    same behavior.

    Guest, Nov 16, 2004