Perl to SQLite bridge is not working, database connect fails ....

vishwanathsen03

Hi,

I have installed the perl modules -
DBI
DBD::SQLite

Now I am running a simple perl script that calls sqlite database.

#!/usr/bin/perl

use DBI;
use strict;

my $driver = "SQLite";
my $database = "ex2.db";
my $dsn = "DBI:$driver:dbname=$database";
my $userid = "";
my $password = "";
my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $userid, $password, { RaiseError => 1 })
or die $DBI::errstr;

print "Opened database successfully\n";

Perl script fails on the line that does connect (DBI->connect) with the message -

DBI connect('dbname=ex2.db','',...) failed: database disk image is malformed at perl_sqllite_example1.pl line 11

SQLite and database seems to be fine, I could open/load the database using sqlite3 and I could do insert and select operations.
I could write a C program and I could use the C program to do an insert operation successfully in the database.

So it is the perl to sqlite bridge that has issues....

Kindly suggest.....

Regards,
Vishwanath

John Bokma

[...]

Which version did you use to create the database file (it sounds like
version 2)? You might have to pass legacy_file_format, see documentation
of DBD::SQLite.

George Mpouras

# take a working sample from one of my scripts and adapt it ...

use strict;
use warnings;
use DBI qw:)sql_types); # για blobs

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:SQLite:dbname=C:/Program
Files/WebApp/sites/database/sms.db', undef, undef, {AutoCommit=>1,
RaiseError=>1, sqlite_unicode=>1}) or die "$DBI::errstr\n";;
$dbh->do('PRAGMA foreign_keys = OFF');
$dbh->do('PRAGMA cache_size = 1000');
$dbh->do('PRAGMA synchronous = OFF');
$dbh->do('PRAGMA sqlite_allow_multiple_statements = OFF')
$dbh->{'sqlite_see_if_its_a_number'} = 1;
$dbh->{'sqlite_use_immediate_transaction'} = 0;

my $sth = $dbh->prepare('SELECT provider_name, account_username FROM
Account WHERE webapp_username == ?1 ORDER BY
provider_name,account_username') or die "$DBI::errstr\n";
$sth->bind_param(1, 'user1', SQL_VARCHAR);

$sth->execute() or die "$DBI::errstr\n";
my ($provider, $username);

$sth->bind_columns(\$provider,\$username);

while ( $sth->fetchrow_array )
{
print "$provider,$username\n";
}

$dbh->disconnect;

John Bokma

George Mpouras said:
$dbh->do('PRAGMA foreign_keys = OFF');
$dbh->do('PRAGMA cache_size = 1000');
$dbh->do('PRAGMA synchronous = OFF');
$dbh->do('PRAGMA sqlite_allow_multiple_statements = OFF')

Which I probably would write as:

$dbh->do( "PRAGMA $_->[0] = $_->[1]" ) for (
[ foreign_keys => 'OFF' ],
[ cache_size => 1000 ],
[ synchonous => 'OFF' ],
[ sqlite_allow_multiple_statements => 'OFF' ]
);

But I am afraid your working example is not going to work as well, at
least if I am correct that it's an SQLite version issue.