Permission for bin folder: ASP.NET app deployed under a web site

Sachin

Hi All,

I have an asp.net application and I have deployed it under a Web Site. I am
using IIS 6.0.

However, while running the application it fails saying that can't monitor
file changes under bin directory and access is denied.

I have given read permission to ASPNET and Impersonation account. However,
it still fails.

If I give permission to "everyone" to read the bin folder it works fine.

How do I find out which account the application is trying to use to read the
bin directory or which account needs the read permission?

Any pointer or help.

Thanks in advance
Sachin

Patrick.O.Ige

To add to Teemu's advice
WIN 2003 uses servername\Network service acct
Patrick

JIMCO Software

Patrick.O.Ige said:
To add to Teemu's advice
WIN 2003 uses servername\Network service acct
Patrick

However, it's important to note that IIS 6 is hard-coded to check
permissions for the IIS_WPG group of which NETWORK SERVICE is a member.

--
Jim Cheshire
JIMCO Software

FrontPage add-ins for FrontPage 2000 - 2003