Please instruct how to work with Mac XCODE and INTERFACE BUILDER

Suresh Rajkumar

Dear ALL

I make the RUBY application in Mac Xcode and desgin the window and
controls in the interface builder.

in my application i make the Datetime picker control and i am able to
get the Date String value to the Textbox.

but i need the short date value to the Textbox, please tell how i convert
the Datetime picker date value to short value like "DD/MM/YYYY".

And also i need the sample codes of the xcode (Mac Ruby).

Thanks & Regards,
Suresh

matt neuburg

Suresh Rajkumar said:

Dear ALL

I make the RUBY application in Mac Xcode and desgin the window and
controls in the interface builder.

in my application i make the Datetime picker control and i am able to
get the Date String value to the Textbox.

but i need the short date value to the Textbox, please tell how i convert
the Datetime picker date value to short value like "DD/MM/YYYY".

And also i need the sample codes of the xcode (Mac Ruby).

MacRuby questions to the MacRuby list, please.

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macruby-devel/

m.

hengist podd

Suresh said:
Dear ALL

I make the RUBY application in Mac Xcode and desgin the window and
controls in the interface builder.

in my application i make the Datetime picker control and i am able
get the Date String value to the Textbox.

but i need the short date value to the Textbox, please tell how i
convert
the Datetime picker date value to short value like "DD/MM/YYYY".

Refer to the Cocoa documentation for NSDatePicker and NSDate, in
particular -[NSDatePicker dateValue] and -[NSDate
descriptionWithCalendarFormat:timeZone:locale:]

FWIW, I find AppKiDo particularly convenient for browsing Cocoa class
documentation:

http://homepage.mac.com/aglee/downloads/appkido.html
And also i need the sample codes of the xcode (Mac Ruby).

Look in /Developer/Examples/Ruby for Ruby and RubyCocoa examples.

BTW, this may also be of interest to you:

http://pragprog.com/titles/bmrc/rubycocoa

HTH

has