How to limit text and numbers in python/tkinter GUI interface

Reaction score
Hi

New to this coding world but love it, however, I am stuck trying to add a stringvalue for a window to limit the number of text in the username field and also limit numbers in the phone number field/window.

Can anyone help, please?

Reaction score
Welcome Bigboibremmer, Hope to see more of you in the future. This is the area where you introduce yourself, not where you ask questions. check the main page for the areas. This question is for the HTML section, but I'll answer.
The maxlength attribute for the INPUT tag is what you want.
Ex., <input type="text" maxlength="5">
Should work the same for type="tel", but you should look at this page https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/input/tel It's not an easy thing to use

Reaction score
Your topic and content are totally off your topic is about py while the content talks about html plus wrong section

Reaction score
Welcome krypton, hope to see more of you in the future.
You should address who your speaking to and use punctuation, but I have deciphered your message and believe it's to me.
I stand by my answer. The problem Bigboibremmer has can be solved, in fact not become a problem, if he/she uses the correct HTML code. No need for python.
I did tell him that it is the wrong section for a question. She should have posted in the python section; Should I have waited for the OP to re-post or for the mods to move the question?

Reaction score
Welcome krypton, hope to see more of you in the future.
You should address who your speaking to and use punctuation, but I have deciphered your message and believe it's to me.
I stand by my answer. The problem Bigboibremmer has can be solved, in fact not become a problem, if he/she uses the correct HTML code. No need for python.
I did tell him that it is the wrong section for a question. She should have posted in the python section; Should I have waited for the OP to re-post or for the mods to move the question?
Sorry about the above misunderstanding. And thanks for the warm welcome... My initial comment "Your topic and content are totally off your topic is about py while the content talks about html plus wrong section" was ment for @Bigboibremmer He's topic and the content were off point.. Your answer was correct..

Ask a Question