    d2=Gnuplot.Data(self.days,self.volume,with='boxes')
    g.plot(d1,d2)

    If anyone can get me back on track I'd appreciate it.

    ¶}¾Ç¤F¶Ü?, May 10, 2004

  2. ¶}¾Ç¤F¶Ü?

    John Hunter Guest

    I don't use gnuplot, but I just wanted to let you know that I recently
    added a finance module for matplotlib
    http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net that supports the kind of graph you
    are trying to make. It's fairly minimalist now, but will grow in the
    near future.

    Here is a screenshot of a financial chart I made to show off some of
    the finance features

    http://nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu:8080/files/share/finance_demo.png

    If you're interested, you can check out the finance_demo.py example in
    the matplotlib src distribution, and if you want to seem more example
    code than you find in that dir, email me and I'll send some your way.

    Good luck!
    John Hunter

    John Hunter, May 11, 2004

  3. I was going to tell you to look at 'multiplot' in gnuplot:

    The command `set multiplot` places `gnuplot` in the multiplot mode, in which
    several plots are placed on the same page, window, or screen.

    But after seeing John's example, I honestly doubt it's worth the hassle with
    Gnuplot. It would take a ridiculous amount of work with gnuplot to make that
    kind of plot (and I've been using gnuplot since 1991!).

    Time for me to finally check out matplotlib...

    Best,

    Fernando Perez, May 15, 2004