Pocket PC and PlaySound()

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by niv, Sep 26, 2003.

  1. niv

    niv Guest

    Hello,

    I have tried using the PlaySound method to play a wav file
    from an asp.net mobile web application and c# with no luck.

    First off the Dll Import file that I keep seeing is
    coredll. When I place this filename into the DllImport
    statement, the application generates an error.

    So I used winmm.dll instead, no errors are generated but
    nothing happens. The application seems to just go through
    the PlaySound method. I have included the code below.
    Please let me know if you have any information regarding
    this.

    Thanks
    niv
    [ DllImport("winmm.dll",
    EntryPoint="PlaySoundW") ]
    private extern static int PlaySound
    (String lpszName, int hModule, int dwFlags);

    private void Command1_Click(object sender,
    System.EventArgs e)
    {
    int hResult = PlaySound("\\Windows\\Alarm1.wav",0,0);
    }

    niv, Sep 26, 2003