Pre-compression of CSS

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

(HttpCompression)

I may be out of my mind but instead of compressing on the fly my CSS files
via a .NET handler, is there a way to compress the file before putting them
on the server in a format that would be sended to the client by the handler?

Thanks

George

You should not do that.
There are some browsers that do not support compression. So you need to
supply not compressed file.
At the same time most likely .NET handler caches the result of compression.
So next request is served from cache and no actual compression is performed.

George.

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

George said:
You should not do that.
There are some browsers that do not support compression. So you need to
supply not compressed file.
At the same time most likely .NET handler caches the result of
compression. So next request is served from cache and no actual
compression is performed.

George.

That's good to know, do you have any prefered HTTP compression .NET
handlers!?

Thanks