Problem changing values in propety grid at design time

Guest

Hello,

I have created a custom web control that is a composite control that
has some properties on it that exposes some properties of a contained
control within it using the same names of the properties on the
contained control. The way this is done on the containing control
properties is first EnsureChildControls is called, and then access to
the property is delegated to the underlying control. This pattern
follows the standard model.

If I derive a control from this above composed control and expect the
properties to be inherited like any normal object oriented class, which
they are.

However, when I try to change the properties in the design time view,
the values don't change in the property grid. However, in the
underlying html, I see attributes that correspond to the properties
with the appropriate values set.

What am I doing wrong, such that I can't change those properties from
the default values and have them update in the property grid at design
time?

Thanks,

Hammad