problem deploying 1.1 app on IIS 6

Scott Walters

Hi,

I have a legacy 1.1 ASP.NET app that I'm trying to get working on an
IIS6 installation, but I get 404 errors when I try to access an aspx
page. Static html pages work fine. Upgrading the app to 2.0 is not an
option right now.

To set it up, I ran the aspnet_regiis app from the 1.1 runtime folder
and set the default web site and the web app itself to use ASP.NET 1.1,
because I heard about problems when "Default Web Site" is on ASP.NET 2.0
but one of it's embedded apps is on 1.1, although I tried it this way,
too. The IIS logs show the request and just display a 404 also. I also
checked the aspx extension in the mappings and verified that it runs the
correct ISAPI dll. What else can I try?

Thanks,
Scott