problem reading the status of a check box in a gridview

ma

Hello,

I have a GrideView that has 4 col. 3 of them are bound to a dataset and
the last one is not. The last one is check box. The check box is defined as
follow:

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Select">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:CheckBox ID="chkSelect" runat="server" />

</ItemTemplate>

</asp:TemplateField>

I am trying to read the state of these checkbox using the folllwng code:

// Select the checkboxes from the GridView control

for (int i = 0; i < GridView_Enterprise_name.Rows.Count; i++)

{

GridViewRow row = GridView_Enterprise_name.Rows;

bool isChecked =
((CheckBox)row.FindControl("chkSelect")).Checked;

if (isChecked)

{

// do something

but the code doesn't work as isChecked is always false. What is the problem
and how can I solve it?

Regards

ma

Hello,
There is a button on the page and I am doing this on the postback event
of this button.

Regards

Eliyahu Goldin said:
When do you do that? On the first page load or on postbacks? In what
event?

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

ma said:
[...]

Is ViewState enabled for the gridview?

Make sure you are not re-loading the grid on every postback.

--

ma said:
[...]

Thanks. The problem solved.
I set the datagride data source on page_load event and it seems that doing
this will reset the checkboxes. I used a ispostback and the problem solved
now.

Regards