problem setting a new membershipProvider in web.config

Jeff

ASP.NET 2.0

These settings below (see PROBLEM SETTINGS) are causing my webproject to NOT
connect with ASPNETDB.MDF. In this webproject have I created 3 users. I can
see 3 users in the "ASP.NET Configuration window". But after I have added
the settings (see PROBLEM SETTINGS) below to my web.config the "ASP.NET
Configuration window" says the webproject has 0 users...

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

PROBLEM SETTINGS:
<membership>
<providers>
<remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" />
<add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" />
</providers>
</membership>

DATABASE CONNECTION (this is the database connection I have in web.config, I
post it here in case it make it easier for you to see what I'm doing wrong):
<connectionStrings>
<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
<add name="LocalSqlServer"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
connectionString="Data
Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated
Security=True;User Instance=True" />
</connectionStrings>

Jeff

Jeff

Can it because I haven't specified all the settings for the membership
provider. I added applicationName="myNetwork" (mynetwork is the application
name) to the membership provider settings, and it didn't help... I assume
asp.net 2.0 use default settings if I don't specify them in web.config...
but I cannot be 100% sure about it...

any suggestions?

Jeff

The error occured because I had registered 3 users without specifying
applicationName