    Am I the only one having this problem (not found by looking for in Google) ?
    Is this link to Python 2.4 or my own config ?

    Thanks.

    vincent delft, Dec 18, 2004

  2. the message means what it says.
    Python NET SDK returns over 200,000 hits, and another 1660 hits in google
    groups; I didn't look at them all, but most of the hits on the first few pages are
    related to this issue.

    (googling for relevant parts of the exact error message can also be helpful...)
    to build extensions to Python, you need to use a compiler compatible with
    the compiler used to build the Python core. as of Python 2.4, the core team
    has switched from MSVC 6.0 to MSVC 7.1 (aka Visual Studio .NET 2003).
    if you don't have the commercial version, you can use the free Microsoft Visual
    C++ Toolkit:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/82e240fe42381e78
    http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/

    or MinGW: