Problem using SWIG approach

Sandeep Kumar

Hi,

I am trying to get a perl wrapper around a library using SWIG, to
access it's functions via a perl script. While I give make command, I
get following error:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include\malloc.h(108) :
error C205
9: syntax error : '('
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe' : return code
'0x2'
Stop.

What I am doing is:
1. Write example.i : wrapper script for SWIG. It includes .h having
prototypes for lib functions
2. Call SWIG to generate example_wrap.c and some other files
3. Write a Makefile.pl with content
use ExtUtils::MakeMaker;
WriteMakefile(
'NAME' => 'example', # Name of module
'ZIP' => 'C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe',
'OBJECT' => 'example_wrap.obj'
);
4. call perl with makefile.pl to generate makefile
5. call make to build the entire thing.

I wonder if you could suggest something for this

Thanks
Sandeep