Problem with a:hover + div onmouseover

Ciuin

Again I need your help.

This is the test page I am working on:
http://www.manfredkooistra.de/zeugs/test/test.php

The page shows a centered image and a navigation menue position:fixed
over it (position:absolute in IE 5 and 6). The menue consists of two
parts: an image and a header, both external links, in the upper div;
and a number of insite navigation links in the lower div. When you
load the page, the lower div is set to display:none. When you
onmouseover the navigation, it is set to display:block. Also you can
display:none the whole navigation or drag it across the window
wherever you want it. Try it.

The drag function is from developer.yahoo.com/yui - it works fine. My
problem is with the display:none/block toggle and the a:hover in the
lower div. I have tested this site on a Mac, and it works well in
Firefox and Opera. The problem becomes only visible in Safari and
Netscape.

Problem:

In Safari the links in the lower div don't change color on hover.
Since the link in the top div changes color, this must be related to
the onmouseover event. If I put onmouseover not only in the menue div
but in every a tag as well, the tags do change color on hover. Would
be an easy solution, but I would rather like to understand the
problem, because another problem persists in Netscape.

In Netscape 7 the lower div flickers, when you move the mouse from
inside the lower div (so that it is visible) over a link or away from
the link again: the onmouseover event is released for a splitsecond
and called again, while the background image becomes visible. Scale
the window so that the map lies behind the navigation menue to better
see this.

Sometimes in Netscape the lower div remains visible when you slowly
move the mouse off the menue area, instead of disappearing, as if
onmouseoff is not called.

Question:

I don't post the source code here, because I don't know if the rather
large YUI files are part of the problem. Please take a look at the
example page. I'd be very grateful, if anyone had an idea as to what
might be causing these problems.

And if anyone could look over the page in IE 5, 6 or 7 or Firefox on a
PC and let me know, if everything works as it should, that would be
helpful, too.