Problem with asynchronous postback...

Oriane

Hello there,

I use an Ajax slider extender and I'm try to find a workaround to a known
(http://forums.asp.net/p/1092702/2681110.aspx) "bug" of the slider control
from the Ajax Control Toolkit. When the user is clicking the mouse on the
slider during a partial postback, an error occurs.

I have a Ajax Timer which causes a postback every ten seconds. So I would
like to disable the slider before the postback...

Any hint ?

Best regards

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Oriane,
I cannot reproduce this problem. Following is my test code:

Aspx:

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
</asp:ScriptManager>
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"
Text="Label"></asp:Label>
<asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="100"
Enabled="true" >

</asp:Timer>

</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

<cc1:SliderExtender
ID="SliderExtender1"
BoundControlID="slider1_display"
Decimals="0"
Minimum="0"
Maximum="255"
runat="server"
TargetControlID="slider1"
EnableHandleAnimation="true"
TooltipText="{0}">
</cc1:SliderExtender>

<asp:TextBox ID="slider1" runat="server"
style="display:none"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:Label ID="slider1_display"
runat="server"></asp:Label>

</form>

Aspx.cs:
this.Timer1.Tick += new EventHandler<EventArgs>(Timer1_Tick);
}

void Timer1_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
this.Label1.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString();

I cannot see any JavaScript error when I move the thumb of the slider.
Could you test my code? Can it work? I look forward to your test result.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&ln=en-us.

--------------------
| From: "Oriane" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Problem with asynchronous postback...
| Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:38:14 +0200
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hello there,
|
| I use an Ajax slider extender and I'm try to find a workaround to a known
| (http://forums.asp.net/p/1092702/2681110.aspx) "bug" of the slider
control
| from the Ajax Control Toolkit. When the user is clicking the mouse on the
| slider during a partial postback, an error occurs.
|
| I have a Ajax Timer which causes a postback every ten seconds. So I would
| like to disable the slider before the postback...
|
| Any hint ?
|
| Best regards

Oriane

Hi Allen,

Allen Chen said:
Hi Oriane,
I cannot reproduce this problem. Following is my test code:

Aspx:

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
</asp:ScriptManager>
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"
Text="Label"></asp:Label>
<asp:Timer ID="Timer1" runat="server" Interval="100"
Enabled="true" >

</asp:Timer>

</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>

<cc1:SliderExtender
ID="SliderExtender1"
[...]
TooltipText="{0}">
</cc1:SliderExtender>

<asp:TextBox ID="slider1" runat="server"
style="display:none"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:Label ID="slider1_display"
runat="server"></asp:Label>

</form>
Yes this code runs normally. The thing is that if you put the slider inside
the UpdatePanel, you will have the problem !
But as I realize that I don't need to have it inside the updatePanel, so you
sloved my problem.

Thanks a lot