Problem with double submit with jboss

andyb

We are running jboss 3.2.3 with embedded tomcat 4.1.

During long running transactions (about 10 minutes), we see a TCP RSET
generated from the server about 7 minutes in. This seems to be causing
the client browser to resubmit its request.

Has anyone seen this problem before or have any ideas about how to fix
it? We've been looking at the jboss/tomcat configuration as well as our
network configuration.

Thanks,
Andy

Missaka Wijekoon

andyb said:
We are running jboss 3.2.3 with embedded tomcat 4.1.

During long running transactions (about 10 minutes), we see a TCP RSET
generated from the server about 7 minutes in. This seems to be causing
the client browser to resubmit its request.
It is not a good idea to have the browser hang on a connection for 10+
minutes. Perhaps, using sessions, you can have the browser
automatically reload a status page every minute or so. When the
transaction is complete, the status page can be updated accordingly.

We've run into issues where certain db queries taking minutes or longer
cause problems - the client browser gives up, etc.

If you want a hack and assuming the output to the browser is html, try
writing new line and flushing the buffer every once in a while to keep
the connection open. When the transaction is complete, send the content
through.