problem with gem 1.3.2 upgrade

Nick Oconnor

trying to update from gem 1.3.1 to 1.3.2. downloaded 1.3.2 to harddrive.
then entered "gem install 1.2.3" at the command line. I get the
following error

ERROR: could not find gem 1.3.2 locally or in a repository

where do I need to put the gem 1.3.2 file so that it can be found?

Nick Oconnor

Nick said:
trying to update from gem 1.3.1 to 1.3.2. downloaded 1.3.2 to harddrive.
then entered "gem install 1.3.2" at the command line. I get the
following error

ERROR: could not find gem 1.3.2 locally or in a repository

where do I need to put the gem 1.3.2 file so that it can be found?

Jonathan Nielsen

Try gem update --system

This will update to the latest version of ruby gems.

-Jonathan Nielsen

Nick Oconnor

Jonathan said:
Try gem update --system

This will update to the latest version of ruby gems.

-Jonathan Nielsen

thanks for the quick reply. Here is what I got......

Updating RubyGems
Updating rubygems-update
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::FilePermissionError)
You don't have write permissions into the /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8
directory.

Any ideas?

Daniel Bye

thanks for the quick reply. Here is what I got......

Updating RubyGems
Updating rubygems-update
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::FilePermissionError)
You don't have write permissions into the /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8
directory.

sudo gem update --system
Any ideas?

!DSPAM:4b595c91455665209328925!