Problem with Hashes

Uri Guttman

TM> It's really bad then. :-(

TM> I literally blow my top when someone hits "my buttons"
TM> irregardless of their first language, i.e. using
^^^^^^^^^^^^

should be regardless.

TM> "irregardless" instead of "regardless".

TM> heh.

me ducks and runs.

uri

Tad McClellan

TM> I literally blow my top when someone hits "my buttons"
TM> irregardless of their first language, i.e. using
^^^^^^^^^^^^

should be regardless.

Well yes. Notice that all 3 of my buttons were included
in that one sentence?

Uri Guttman

TM> I literally blow my top when someone hits "my buttons"
TM> irregardless of their first language, i.e. using

TM> Well yes. Notice that all 3 of my buttons were included
TM> in that one sentence?

i literally saw the first when i read it. the third example (e.g. i.e.)
only came to me on the second read.

TM> "irregardless" instead of "regardless".

your antiirregardlessness is refreshing.

uri

Ben Morrow

Quoth Scott Bryce said:
Tad said:
Sorry... you just hit one of my three "hot buttons" there.[2] :)

Can you loan me a dollar? If not, I could care less.

'I could care less' is not wrong, it's sarcasm.

And it should be 'could you' not 'can you'... :)

Ben

Eric Bohlman

Tad said:
Sorry... you just hit one of my three "hot buttons" there.[2] :)

Can you loan me a dollar? If not, I could care less.

"I could care less" represents the use of irony, comparable to "wow, I'm
impressed!" in response to a decidedly unimpressive statement. It doesn't
work when interpreted literally.