Problem with panel with absolute position

Dimitris Milonas

Hello all,

A short description of the problem is: an order for a panel to contain other
components then it must have absolute position. If the panel does not have
absolute position then it cannot serve as a container for other components!
Is there a way to solve the problem?

A full description of the problem is: I have a panel that I want to position
it on the page by using CSS. With the following CSS code I can position the
panel at the center of the page.

body
{
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
}

..PnlCont
{
margin: 0px auto;
padding: 0px;
}

The problem is that the previous CSS code does not work when the panel has
postion: absolute (like in the following declaration) but with the ability
to contain other components

<asp:panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Height="50px" Style="z-index: 100;
position: absolute" Width="125px" CssClass="PnlCont">

The previous CSS code works only if the th panel does not have position:
absolute (like the follongdeclaration), but in this case it cannot contain
other components.

<asp:panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Height="50px" Style="z-index: 100"
Width="125px" CssClass="PnlCont">

Is there a way to solve the problem?

Regards
Dimitris

Jon

[...]

Hello mate.

I had a css problem the other day and I posted it too a CSS newsgroup
and they were a great help. If no one can help here, try there.

Jon
http://www.nantwichonline.com/placestovisit.aspx
All things Nantwich

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Dimitris said:
Hello all,

A short description of the problem is: an order for a panel to contain other
components then it must have absolute position. If the panel does not have
absolute position then it cannot serve as a container for other components!
Is there a way to solve the problem?

That's not correct. The element only has to have the position property
specified, it doesn't have to be set to absolute.
[...]

Set the postion property to relative, and your element can both be
positioned using margin and contain positioned elements.

Dimitris Milonas

Thank you Göran.