Probleme mit der Installation der openSource Bittorrent.... python vs JAVA

xunling

Hallo,

ich hätte da mal eine Frage zum Azureus bttrn client.

Ich habe über die homepage eine jar datei runtergeldan, in der steht
aber nicht viel drin, vielleicht nimmt sich jemand die Zeit und schaut
sie sich mal an / und oder klärt mich auf?... Kann ich die Jardatei
nicht verwenden (was ich will ist Einblick, in dem meines Wissend nach
OpenSource Code vo´n Bittorrent), Azureus deswegen, da ich glaube dass
mir JAVA ehr liegt.

hier ist der Link: http://www.geocities.com/bradbrandom/helpYO.html

mfg - xunling

Dankeschön [PS es Eilt]

JZ

Dnia 30 Dec 2004 07:24:45 -0800, xunling napisa³(a):
ich hätte da mal eine Frage zum Azureus bttrn client.

This is not German newsgroup! Write English or none.

Craig Ringer

Dnia 30 Dec 2004 07:24:45 -0800, xunling napisał(a):

This is not German newsgroup! Write English or none.

While that may be true, there are nicer ways to express the sentiment. I
don't know about you, but I frequently feel rather poorly about
demanding that others speak my language when I have no (or in this case
very, very minimal) ability to speak theirs.

The original poster's question appears to be more about the BitTorrent
client Azureus (azureus.sf.net) than Python in this case anyway. This is
probably not the right place.

Gerhard Haering

Hallo,

ich hätte da mal eine Frage zum Azureus bttrn client. [...]

[I'd have a question about the Azureus BitTorrent client.]

While the original BitTorrent is implemented in Python, this is not
the right mailing list/newsgruop for Java BitTorrent clients.

The Azureus homepage has a guide on how to get it running on various
operating systems. Perhaps these instructions will help you:
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/howto_win.php

-- Gerhard

Gerhard Haering

Dnia 30 Dec 2004 07:24:45 -0800, xunling napisa??(a):

This is not German newsgroup! Write English or none.

While that may be true, there are nicer ways to express the
sentiment. I don't know about you, but I frequently feel rather
poorly about demanding that others speak my language when I have no
(or in this case very, very minimal) ability to speak theirs. [...]

I can understand your emotions here. OTOH it's typical for Germans
(and even more so French) to assume that everybody speaks their
language. And if they don't, to make an effort to figure out what the
heck they want. I'm sure it's not only not knowing the medium and
environment [*], but also plain arrogance.

-- Gerhard

[*] The very minimum of netiquette would require to read a few
messages in the newsgroup/mailing list and check what it is about and
in what language it is.

Steve Holden

JZ said:
Dnia 30 Dec 2004 07:24:45 -0800, xunling napisa³(a):

This is not German newsgroup! Write English or none.
Perhaps not, but can we say "International"? There is no rule requiring
the use of any particular language on c.l.py, and I can certainly
remember both French and Esperanto threads in the past. Ease up, it's
hard enough if you're German ;-)

be-polite-or-don't-write-ly y'rs - steve

JanC

Gerhard Haering schreef:
I can understand your emotions here. OTOH it's typical for Germans
(and even more so French) to assume that everybody speaks their
language.

The same is true for English language speakers in my experience...
(E.g.: why is this international newsgroup in English only?)
[*] The very minimum of netiquette would require to read a few
messages in the newsgroup/mailing list and check what it is about and
in what language it is.

Hm, be.* newsgroups are officially "quadrilingual" (Dutch, French, German
& English), but in practice 99,99% of the messages are in Dutch, so
reading a few messages won't help much... ;-)