Problems with Struts/Taglibs in SunOne WebServer 6.1

spivee

I have an application that I developed on Tomcat 5.5.9. It works fine
in development. I am trying to port it over to SOWS 6.1sp5 and am
having problems with the standard set of taglibs.

Whenever I attempt to hit a page with any of the standard tags (html,
logic, bean or tiles) I get the following error.. (can post the entire
error if it will do any good).

[03/Feb/2006:15:22:30] failure ( 2403): for host 192.168.0.111 trying
to GET /myapp/bob.do, service-j2ee reports:
StandardWrapperValve[action]: WEB2792: Servlet.service() for servlet
action threw exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: WEB4083: No
such tag getAsString in the tag library imported with prefix tiles
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraries.isUserDefinedTag(TagLibraries.java:97)

This happens with any tag. I get the same thing for "No such tag html
in the tag library imported with prefix html" etc.

I have the latest version of struts jars. (1.2.8) I can open the
struts.jar file and view the tlds and the tags are present.

I call my taglibs in my jsp's like this...

<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-bean" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-logic" prefix="logic" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-tiles" prefix="tiles" %>

I have tried extracting the tlds from the jar and pointing to them
directly like

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

but that doesn't work. I've also tried setting the struts taglib
entries in the web.xml file and calling the taglibs as follows (again
with no success).

<taglib>
<taglib-uri>http://struts.apache.org/struts-tiles</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-tiles.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

<%@ taglib uri="http://struts.apache.org/struts-tiles" prefix="tiles"
%>

Whenever I do either of the last two, I get ClassCast exceptions..

ports: StandardWrapperValve[action]: WEB2792: Servlet.service() for
servlet action threw exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
WEB4000: Unable to compile class for JSP
at
com.iplanet.ias.web.jsp.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:785)

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.CookieTei
at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.createTagInfo(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:398)

I'm not sure if this is an issue with WS6.1 or if it's something in my
configuration.

Any ideas?