Progress Bar

Nadim Attari

Hello,

If i upload a file thru' the POST method, can i know the num of bytes
uploaded at time x ???

All i want is to make an "upload progress bar"

Is this possible ?
Any links, articles, etc ...

regards,
Nadim

Grant Wagner

Nadim said:
Hello,

If i upload a file thru' the POST method, can i know the num of bytes
uploaded at time x ???

All i want is to make an "upload progress bar"

Is this possible ?
Any links, articles, etc ...

regards,
Nadim

No you can't check the size of the file being uploaded using client-side
JavaScript in the default security environment.

No you can't display a "progress bar" but I suppose you could open a
window or make a <div> visible that contains an animated GIF or some
other indication something is happening and the user should wait (as if
the moving throbber in the top right corner of the browser wasn't hint
enough).

Ivo

Grant Wagner said:
No you can't check the size of the file being uploaded using client-side
JavaScript in the default security environment.

No you can't display a "progress bar" but I suppose you could open a
window or make a <div> visible that contains an animated GIF or some
other indication something is happening and the user should wait (as if
the moving throbber in the top right corner of the browser wasn't hint
enough).

Quite the point, that is. The statusbar also shows the progress in some
browsers. This request is in the same category as javascript back and
forward, find and view-source buttons etc., where people wish to add
something that is already there.
Iv

George Hester

Actually I have done it. It's not perfect right now the progress bar just
shows for a specified time.
The ability to read the bytes sent requires at least in my case a change to
the dll I use for the upload.
It's not difficult just haven't put it all together yet. But no strictly
javascript don't think it can be done for as Grant said.