    obfuscated, it was lacking a sense of complete protection...

    do you think that puting the core module as binary form, and java
    front-end execute them via JNI is a good solution?

    howa, Dec 2, 2006

  2. howa

    Guest Guest

    Only for very special algorithm protection.

    Not as general source code protection.

    Arne

    Guest, Dec 2, 2006

  3. howa

    Simon Brooke Guest

    What does it matter? Do you think your code is so clever that a reasonably
    competent person could not reverse engineer it?

    Any program, compiled into object code for any processor, can be decompiled
    into something a competent person can usefully understand. Yes, Java is a
    bit easier than some. But when you want to reverse engineer something you
    don't usually start by decompiling it anyway; you usually treat it as a
    black box and look at its inputs and outputs.

    There's nothing you can write which is so clever that it needs special
    protection.
    No, I think it's puerile and stupid.

    Simon Brooke, Dec 2, 2006
  4. howa

    Chris Uppal Guest

    I wouldn't say so myself. Not unless there is some other benefit from writing
    the core in a different language. (For instance, you may need a more
    expressive language than Java, or you might need a class of optimisations that
    aren't available in Java, or need OS-specific code, or you may want to package
    and sell your code as ActiveX components as well as Java components).

    Perhaps compiling and delivering with Excelsior JET would fit your
    requirements.

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Dec 3, 2006