Put Icon On Browser Window

Guest

Hi there,
I was wondering how to put an Icon up in the top left corner of the browser
window??
also,
is there a way to know if the user closes the browser window with the X in
the top right corner.. i wanted to open a goodbye page if the user clicks
that...

thanks!
(e-mail address removed)

Guest

ACaunter,

You can use the javascript window.OnClose event to determine when the window
is closed to display your goodbye message. As for the icon....where do you
mean? On the browser or in the address bar?

I hope this helps

Guest

i needed to put the icon in the address bar and in the browser window.. to
get rid of both of those IE icons...

Guest

ACaunter,

Sorry I meant onunload not onclose.... I have provided a sample for you below.

I hope this helps.
-------------------

<head>
</head>
Test html page!

Guest

ACaunter,

To put an icon in the address bar first you need an icon. It has to be a
16x16 pixel .ico file name favicon.ico. If you have your own domain all you
have to do is put it in the root of the website but if your website is nested
(e.g. http://www.mydomain.com/~mysite/ ) you have to put a line in the head
of your webpage. Just add <LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON"
HREF="/~mysite/favicon.ico"> and you should be good to go.

To change the icon in the upper right hand corner of the browser (the
animated one) is a bit more involved. You can accomplish this with several
different methods. One is by using the IEAK. I have pasted a link below
that has a tutorial to do this. You can find other methods to brand IE
ranging from using the Group Policy Editor to some registry hacks.

I hope this helps.