pygtk, gtk.treeview and virtuallist ?

manatlan

Hello, I'm new to pygtk (but i know wxpython very well)

I'm trying to play with this example :
http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/sec-CellRenderers.html#filelistingfig
(the code is here
: http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/examples/filelisting.py)

I'd like to be able to use a virtual list (like wx.ListCtrl in mode
LC_VIRTUAL) ...

This example use a gtk.treeview with a listStore ...
There are callbacks to display "image, texts and info" (via
set_cell_data_func() )
But if there are 1000000 of items, the callbacks will be called 1000000
times before the window appears ;-(

I'd like that theses callbacks are called only when items are displayed in
the window (on demand) ...

is it possible to do that in pygtk ?