pylirc question: clearing the queue

jesse.k.rosenthal

Hi all,

Is there a way in the pylirc module to either (a) get it to stop
listening for a period of time, or (b) clear the queue of any stored
up commands? I have a script that starts mplayer, and I use my remote
while I'm running mplayer. The shell script waits
(subrpocess.Popen.wait()) for the mplayer process to complete, but
then it always runs through all the keypresses I've been sending
mplayer.

So i would like it to either stop listening until I give it a certain
command, or to simply clear the queue (I could tell it to that after I
return from wait()). Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jesse