Python 2.6 for Windows 64-bit AMD

dineshv

I upgraded from Python 2.5.4 to Python 2.6.2 under the Windows 64-bit
AMD version, but no external libraries (eg. pyparsing and Numpy 1.3)
work. I noticed a few odd things:

i. pyparsing could not find an entry for Python 2.6.2 in the Wondows
Registry
ii. Python 2.6.2 only allows per-machine installation instead of per-
user and per-machine.

Can anyone shed any light on what's up with this build of Python
2.6.2?

Dinesh

Martin v. Löwis

Can anyone shed any light on what's up with this build of Python

You probably tried to install the 32-bit version of PyParsing;
this cannot work with the 64-bit version of Python. You either
need to obtain a 64-bit version of pyparsing, or install the
32-bit version of Python.

HTH,
Martin

Terry Reedy

dineshv said:
I upgraded from Python 2.5.4 to Python 2.6.2 under the Windows 64-bit
AMD version, but no external libraries (eg. pyparsing and Numpy 1.3)
work. I noticed a few odd things:

i. pyparsing could not find an entry for Python 2.6.2 in the Wondows
Registry

I suspect that you did not make 2.6 the default installation, so it did
not make the registry entry pyparsing was looking for. If pyparsing has
any compiled C, you need a binary compiled and linked for 2.6.
ii. Python 2.6.2 only allows per-machine installation instead of per-
user and per-machine.

I would not be surprised if per-user installation was dropped because of
problems, especially with Vista.
Can anyone shed any light on what's up with this build of Python
2.6.2?

Probably built by M.L.Loewis, who may chime in.

tjr