python 2.7 SSL to fetch servers notAfter date

Bryan Irvine

I'm trying to connect to an SSL application using client certs to grab the remote certs notAfter time. When I connect using 'openssl s_client' and pass my client cert/key I can see it in the cert chain, but when I attempt touse get_peer_certificate() in python (2.7) I only get a blank dict and cannot pull the notAfter date.

I think this means that Python is unable to validate the cert, but I'm not sure the next steps to fix it.

-B