python admin abuse complaint

John Bokma

Daniel Fetchinson said:
One more thing:

Yeah, one more thing: since you are all for a better community why not
reply without quoting the entire message? Just quote enough to
provide some decent context.

Xah is just a spammer. It amazes me how often people want to step in the
role of Xah's sockpuppet.

Jean-Michel Pichavant

Steve said:
Yes, funny, but it overlooks the point that Xah is a nuisance to
multiple communities, not just to ours, and quite often concurrently.

I'm all in favor of tolerance, but I'd like to see some evidence that
rehabilitation is practical before the community has to tolerate too
much of that kind of nonsense.

regards
Steve
Actually for one Xah post I get, I then get 20 mails complaining about
him. The fact is, for someone like me who subscribed only to the python
list (what's the purpose of subscribing the perl list when you know
about python existence btw :eek:) ), the real annoying spam comes from the
complains, not Xah. Speaking for myself, I may get 3 or 4 posts from Xah
a month at most. Something I can live with.

So guys, just ignore him if you don't like him. Mailers & news readers
have plenty of feature to make it happen.

Adding my contribution to complains...

JM

MRAB

Jean-Michel Pichavant said:
Actually for one Xah post I get, I then get 20 mails complaining about
him. The fact is, for someone like me who subscribed only to the python
list (what's the purpose of subscribing the perl list when you know
about python existence btw :eek:) ), the real annoying spam comes from the
complains, not Xah. Speaking for myself, I may get 3 or 4 posts from Xah
a month at most. Something I can live with.

So guys, just ignore him if you don't like him. Mailers & news readers
have plenty of feature to make it happen.

Adding my contribution to complains...
Alternatively, add [XAH] to the subject in the replies so that they can
be filtered out easily. :)

Aahz

So guys, just ignore him if you don't like him. Mailers & news readers
have plenty of feature to make it happen.

Unfortunately, unless you have a stable group of people with
self-control, that doesn't work. Idiots like Xah will always get
with BBS, mailing lists, and Usenet.)