python cgi speedup on iis

Charlie Taylor

I'm looking for advice on how to speed up python cgi on Windows IIS without
going to an application server like Zope/WebWare/CherryPy/etc (i.e. I have
existing cgi scripts).

mod_python seems like a good solution for Apache, is there something
comparable for IIS?

I notice that ASP scripts run an asp.dll which I believe becomes memory
resident to speed up VBScript execution.

Is there any work on a python.dll anywhere?

Thanks,
ct

Gilles Lenfant

Charlie Taylor a écrit :
I'm looking for advice on how to speed up python cgi on Windows IIS without
going to an application server like Zope/WebWare/CherryPy/etc (i.e. I have
existing cgi scripts).

mod_python seems like a good solution for Apache, is there something
comparable for IIS?

I notice that ASP scripts run an asp.dll which I believe becomes memory
resident to speed up VBScript execution.

Is there any work on a python.dll anywhere?

Thanks,
ct

Use the excellent pywin32

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32

Look at the help in the "ASP and Python" section that shows how to
register Python as ASP engine. You can the build ASP pages like this...

<%@ language =Python%>
<head>
<%Response.Redirect("test.html")%>
</head>