Python Database Objects (PDO) 1.1.0 Released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bryan J Gudorf, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Python Database Objects 1.1.0 has been released. This fairly stable test
    release includes support for
    various databases through the mxODBC module. This release also adds more
    functionality through commands such
    as move and moveto, which allow for more dynamic movement through a
    recordset.
    As we move forward in the 1.1 series we will be adding support for more
    databases. Community support and
    feedback is appreciated so that we can make PDO as useful as possible.
    As released previously: Python Database Objects (PDO) provides an easy
    to use Object
    Oriented API for database developers. PDO utilizes DB-API modules for
    database access,
    but allows for a Common Object Oriented API across RDBMS. Thus, PDO can be
    thought of
    as a 'wrapper' around the DB-API and database specific modules.
    PDO offers a unique interface which includes such features as column
    access by name,
    forward and backward movement through a result set and much, much more.
    Downloads for Python Database Objects are available on SourceForge.Net
    or for more information please visit pdo.neurokode.com.

    Bryan J Gudorf
    ~NeuroKode Labs

    Bryan J Gudorf, Nov 3, 2003