Python Desktop Framework?

daftspaniel

Is there or should there be a Python Desktop Framework? It would be
great to have something like Turbogears for desktop apps.

I blogged a fews days ago about a Python Desktop Framework or (dare I
say it) Wizard:

1. Quick to build an application - Minimal Input e.g. App Name and
Type
2. Choice of GUI - TCL, WX, .Net WinForms, Wax etc
3. Load/Save of Config - Native storage all worked out e.g home for
Unix, D and S for Windows
4. Template Help File
5. Standard Menus e.g File Help
6. Dynamic Options Dlg based on Config file
7. Py2exe etc native compilation script
8. Installer script e.g Inno, Wix, Egg
9. Basic Unit Tests
10. GUI Tests e.g AutoIT

Today I was thinking about actually putting this together. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Davy Mitchell

Peter Decker

Is there or should there be a Python Desktop Framework? It would be
great to have something like Turbogears for desktop apps.

You might want to look at Dabo (http://dabodev.com). They are the far
and away the best framework out there for desktop apps.
Today I was thinking about actually putting this together. Any
thoughts?

You would do the community a much greater service if you were to
contribute to Dabo instead.