[python] Is there a python written fax program out there?

David Stockwell

Hi,

Today I was in a meeting and someone mentioned they were looking for some
software whereby they could run their own fax server (ie a computer with a
modem, someone sends a fax, and the software convertes it to an image and
drops it in an email box).

I'm posting this here incase someone happens to know of a python
implementation or other language implementation that is either free or for
sale? If so, I'd like to know where to get them.

Thanks

David
-------
Tracfone: http://cellphone.duneram.com/index.html
Cam: http://www.duneram.com/cam/index.html
Tax: http://www.duneram.com/index.html

Getting married? Find great tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life
Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married

William Park

David Stockwell said:
Hi,

Today I was in a meeting and someone mentioned they were looking for some
software whereby they could run their own fax server (ie a computer with a
modem, someone sends a fax, and the software convertes it to an image and
drops it in an email box).

I'm posting this here incase someone happens to know of a python
implementation or other language implementation that is either free or for
sale? If so, I'd like to know where to get them.

Thanks

Efax. You can use Python to call it. Search Freshmeat.net for exact
URL.

Grant Edwards

Today I was in a meeting and someone mentioned they were
looking for some software whereby they could run their own fax
server (ie a computer with a modem, someone sends a fax, and
the software convertes it to an image and drops it in an email
box).

I'm posting this here incase someone happens to know of a
python implementation or other language implementation that is
either free or for sale? If so, I'd like to know where to get
them.

For a single-user, efax is pretty decent. For a group fax
servers, Hylafax is the usual answer.