python libs for MinGW

guruyaya

Hi. Strange. I have wrote this message before but somehow it just
vanished. I'll try again.
I want to install pyqt, on my windows XP using python 2.3. To do that
I need to install qt, and to do that, I need to install sip 4.7. Now
python configure give out (among lots of other errors), this line:
siplib.o:siplib.c:(.text+0x17): undefined reference to
`_imp__PyType_Type'
That I understand indicate I don't have python development libs in my
mingw (version 3.4.2). I cannot find it. I just looked all over for
it, and found none. Can anyone show me where it can be found? I prefer
a pre-compiled, but a well documented compiled eddition will do the
trick as well.

Thanks In Advance
Yair

guruyaya

Arrr after a small change in my google search, I have found this
tutorial:

http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/Python extensions

and it went ok (or at least seemed ok) until the last stage:
when I got this error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Yair Eshel\Desktop>dlltool --dllname
python23.dll --def python23.def --output-lib libpython23.a
dlltool: _spawnvp

It created libpython23.a as an empty file and it created a file called
dklfh.s (the name was changed every time I've started it) that
contain:
# IMAGE_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR
.section .idata$2
.global __head_libpython23_a
__head_libpython23_a:
.rva hname #Ptr to image import by name list
#this should be the timestamp, but NT sometimes
#doesn't load DLLs when this is set.
.long 0 # loaded time
.long 0 # Forwarder chain
.rva __libpython23_a_iname # imported dll's name
.rva fthunk # pointer to firstthunk
#Stuff for compatibility
.section .idata$5
.long 0