python soap web services

Butternut squash

Is there any reason why there isn't any python library that makes
using soap as easy as how microsoft .net makes it.

I mean I write rudimentary asmx files call them from a webbrowser.
The WSDL is generated and then there is documentation and a form to
invoke a function.

When do you think someone will make this available for python web service??

Ravi Teja

Is there any reason why there isn't any python library that makes
using soap as easy as how microsoft .net makes it.

SOAP with Python is easy too in a different sort of way. I don't know
about the equivalent for autogenerating WSDL bit as in .NET.

#!/usr/bin/env python
def hello():
return "Hello, world"
import ZSI
ZSI.dispatch.AsCGI()

And you have SOAP available on ANY web server.

More here.
http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/zsi.html
http://diveintopython.org/soap_web_services/index.html
When do you think someone will make this available for python web service??
When? Will let you know soon as my crystal ball gets delivered :)
Seriously, whenever someone gets that itch to scratch since that's how
things get done in OSS usually.

Diez B. Roggisch

Butternut said:
Is there any reason why there isn't any python library that makes
using soap as easy as how microsoft .net makes it.

I mean I write rudimentary asmx files call them from a webbrowser.
The WSDL is generated and then there is documentation and a form to
invoke a function.

The WSDL will never as easily be created as in .NET/JAVA, as Python lacks
static typing annotations that are used by the WSDL-generators. So either
someone defines his own type annotation theme for that purpose that can be
used to infer the WSDL - or you write WSDL yourself. Which is a major
PITA, as the whole SOAP mess.

Ravi OTH has pointed out _running_ a SOAP service is easy as cake.

Diez

Butternut squash

Diez said:
The WSDL will never as easily be created as in .NET/JAVA, as Python lacks
static typing annotations that are used by the WSDL-generators. So either
someone defines his own type annotation theme for that purpose that can be
used to infer the WSDL - or you write WSDL yourself. Which is a major
PITA, as the whole SOAP mess.

Ravi OTH has pointed out _running_ a SOAP service is easy as cake.

I agree python soap is pretty easy to use. Just a bit harder to use the c#
classic way to call a web service.