Pythonising the vim (e.g. syntax popups) -> vimpst

Roman Roelofsen

Evening,

Is there a decent way to get that help into vim? Or like showing docstrings
or help that I get through pydoc on request? I've been working myself
through a pile of vim macros/plugins but couldn't find even one which
simplifies programming in Python. Further issues would be handling the

Hi Christoph,
Hi Vim users,

The last 5 days I´ve been working on a code-completion/calltips plugin for
vim. It´s working pretty good but not finished yet. I will anounce the first
beta version on this mailling list. I hope during the next week.

I recorded a swf-video so that you can take a look at the current status.
Link: http://www.tuxed.de/vimpst/video.tar.gz

Note that it is not necessary to generate symboltable files, etc. Everything
is done "on demand". It is even possible to change the python implementation
e.g. CPython, Jython, IronPython.

It is also possible to add some "special feature" interceptor. Currently this
is working for SQLObject:
Lets say you have the class User and the attribute username is a alternate ID.
Then, the method User.byUsername("...") will always return a User object.
vimpst checks this and provides a suitable help.

Regards,

Roman

Jeffrey Schwab

Roman said:
[...]