[Q] really WEIRD asp problem (XP, IIS, IE 6)

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by holgeradelmann, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Can anyone help please:

    I found a nice article on the web how to write my dynamice information into
    an RSS-XML.

    But I cannot get the code to work.

    The problem is so simple but weird. Reduced, the problem is that 'pass.asp'
    returns the respective XML in the browser (IE 6):

    <%
    response.write "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='iso-8859-1'?>"
    response.write "<rss version='2.0'>"
    response.write "<!--"
    response.write "RSS generated by AstraZeneca"
    response.write "-->"
    response.write "</rss>"
    %>

    whereas 'fails.asp' produces an empty page:

    <%
    response.write "<?xml version='1.0' encoding='iso-8859-1'?>"
    response.write "<rss version='2.0'>"
    response.write "<!--"
    response.write "RSS generated by AstraZeneca"
    response.write "-->"
    response.write "<channel>"
    response.write "</channel>"
    response.write "</rss>"
    %>

    The only difference is the additional channel tag !?

    Am I mad or ......?

    Regards,

    Holger

    holgeradelmann, Jul 24, 2003

  2. holgeradelmann

    Evertjan. Guest

    holgeradelmann wrote on 24 jul 2003 in
    It is like the problem:

    <%
    response.write "Is God dead ?"
    %>

    off topic, since it is a clientside question.

    Evertjan., Jul 24, 2003

  3. Evertjan,

    this is a real problem at least to me.
    Is this the way you communicate in the Netherlands ?

    Holger,
    Deutschland

    holgeradelmann, Aug 21, 2003