Query about Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

A Ymous

When I close a spreadsheet generated by Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
containing formulas (using $worksheet->write_formula), Excel always asks
if I want to save the changes made even if no changes have been made
while using Excel.

Is this normal behaviour?

(Using v2.03 and ActivePerl 5.8.4 on XP )

Carl Inglis

When I close a spreadsheet generated by Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
containing formulas (using $worksheet->write_formula), Excel always asks
if I want to save the changes made even if no changes have been made
while using Excel.

Is this normal behaviour?

(Using v2.03 and ActivePerl 5.8.4 on XP )

(Please excuse late reply; I'm scanning forward through the group to
see if the answer to my current question has been previously posted).

I suspect that you're using Office XP or 2003.

The documentation for Spreadsheet::WriteExcel says: "The Excel file
produced by this module is compatible with Excel 5, 95, 97, 2000, and
2002."

Excel has had to convert one or more parts of the file (probably the
formulas in this instance) to the later version. This has caused it to
mark the file as "changed".

Hope that helps,

Carl