querying a disabled value

Rahul Chatterjee

Hello All

I have a text box <input type=text value="<%=something%>" name="text1"
disabled> on an asp page which I am querying out (trying to) in a
subsequent page using request.form - I guess it doesnt work with variables
that are marked as disabled.

Are there any alternatives to querying these type of fields in asp

Thanks

Ray at

You could use a hidden input with the same value
Or
Store the value in a cookie.
Or
Store it in a session variable.
Or
Duplicate the logic on the accepting page that was used to generate the
value of <%=something%>.

Ray at work

Rahul Chatterjee

The problem is that the values in the text box are populated by a javascript
function that is triggered by a onChange call in another text box. So by
default this value is 0. How do you assign something like this to a hidden
value

Thanks

Ray at

Well, I'd imagine you'd do it the same way you're populating the disabled
textbox. I don't think that javascript would care if it's a hidden input as
opposed to a text input.

Ray at work